Sunday, February 7, 2010

IT'S A GIRL!!

Finally some pink in my house!!
We had our ultrasound last week, and our little 20 week old baby is doing great. And much to our surprise we are having a GIRL!! I'm sure you are as shocked as we are. Truthfully I didn't think we were capable of having a girl, but the doctor gives me a 95 % guarantee that it is in fact female. I told him that wasn't good enough, so next month he will do a quick ultrasound to check the gender again, and hopefully she won't have her legs crossed this time. This pregnancy has been like all the rest, so I was convinced it was a boy, and we already had a boy name ready to go. Thank goodness things don't always go as we plan, and miracles do happen. I would love to hear any of your favorite girl names that you don't plan on using yourself. (I know this isn't the best picture, but it was better than any of our ultrasound shots).

11 comments:

jamie t. said...

I was just thinking about you guys today! I'm so glad that you posted and am SO excited for your baby girl!!! It will be such a change of pace for your family but so fun.

We have our ultrasound in 3 weeks so if you could send boy vibes our way that would be great!

Congrats again :)

Sarah Chapman said...

WAHOO! Thats great news! They are just way too much fun but beware one day as you know it will become drama!

Lisa said...

I am so excited for you! How fun, I am so glad that you will finally get a baby girl!

Sharlynn said...

Congrats! That is so exciting. It took us till our fourth baby to have a boy. I can imagine the excitement you are having. So fun!

Angie said...

Yeah! I'm happy for you. I think all we are capable of making is girls. Congratulations!! My favorite girl name, that I will NEVER be able to use because my husband despises it, is Eden!

JonesFamily said...

Jill that is AWESOME! Congrats!!

princess said...

YAY!!! We are so excited for you! We loved your Christmas card. We miss you guys so much.

Tiffani said...

I'm so excited for you! Thanks for posting your great news.

Stephanie said...

I have been asking Kev to call you guys for weeks to see what you were having. I knew a girl was completely possible. She will be so cute. I am so excited for you. Bring on the pink!
Some names I have liked: Cait, Macy, Ella, Mia, Maya, Brooklyn, Morgan, Hazel

Jaden J. Petersen said...

So fun, and I'm so Jealous!! Can't wait to meet the little lady, we are so happy for you and the boys.

Bryant and Teresa Thompson said...

Congratulations, Jill. That is exciting. Good luck with everything.